Many iPhone users currently are having serious problems accessing their iCloud accounts due to lost or forgotten password. To make the matters even worse, the majority of these users are not properly informed about this issue and how to deal with it.
There are several ways that can help you reset a lost iCloud password. But before you bypass iCloud activation it is always wise to try to send a recovery email to Apple. If this does not work, you can also try to answer your security question which you have set when you have created the account or try recovering the lost password using the two-step verification method. And it is recommended that only if you do not succeed recovering your password after trying these solutions, then to permanently reset your iCloud password.
How to Recover iCloud Account
Use Recovery Email
- On your iPhone start the Safari browser and in the address bar type ‘iforgot.apple.com’
- You will be shown two options ‘Enter your Apple ID’ and ‘Forgot Apple ID’. Select the first one.
- Now enter your Apple ID and go to “Password Reset Options” from where you should select “Reset by Mail”
- You should receive an email. Open that email and follow the instructions on how to reset your iCloud account password
Alternatively you can try to restore your iCloud password by answering your account security question.
- Start Safari on your iPhone and in the address bar enter ‘iforgot.apple.com’
- From the two options ‘Enter your Apple ID’ and ‘Forgot Apple ID’ select the first one.
- Enter your Apple ID and proceed
- In case you cannot access your email then choose the option ‘Answer Security Questions’.
- You will be asked to verify your birth date before you can proceed
- After you have answered your security question, tap next
- Now , set your new password
How to reset iCloud password using the two-Step verification method
Comply with these instructions:
- On your iPhone , launch Safari Browser
- In the search bar type “iforgot.apple.com”
- From the two shown options “Forgot Apple ID” and “Enter your Apple ID” select the second one
- Type your Apple ID and tap next
- You will be sent recovery key
- Type the recovery key and tap next. (the recovery key will be provided by Apple to help you verify your device)
- Verify your identity using secure Apple device and tap Next
- Enter the verification code and tap Next once again
- Enter your new password
- Apple will sent you notification that you have just changed your Apple password
If the methods described above do not help you recover your Apple ID then you will need to create a new iCloud account.
Follow the instructions:
- Go to your iPhone settings and access iCloudàGet a free Apple ID. Type your birth date details and tap Next
- Choose the option “create a new iCloud account” and tap next one more time
- If you have a new iCloud email, tap on the details on the page and press Next
- Tap “Create”
- In case you are using your current email, then make sure that is yours by verifying it
- Type your new Apple ID and set your new iCloud password. It is recommended that you use a mixed letter-numeral password for better protection