One of the best features that are accessible from any Apple device is the iCloud. It offers you a really secure storage space capacity and it serves as a sync platform to which you can log in using any Apple device with a unique Apple ID. This means that you can sync all of your data and files from one device and later access it from another device without any problems.
Thanks to the amazing diversity of the iCloud platform, the users can easily do backup and data storage of their important files. And all the users who have iOS 7 or later version installed on their devices can enjoy the Activation lock feature of iCloud which is widely considered to be the best defensive mechanism against unauthorized use or thefts of Apple devices. This means that in a situation where an iPhone gets stolen or lost, the user can activate the Activation lock and easily track down the device as well as remotely lock it to prevent someone from using it.
Still, this feature has its own disadvantages too, because in case you forget any of your iCloud login credentials then it will be impossible to use that particular Apple device. Due to this it is very important to learn how to recover a lost iCloud password.
Can you really recover back lost Apple ID and password?
Perhaps your past experiences with trying to recover a lost iCloud password made you skeptical about this but in reality it is totally possible to recover lost iCloud password. There are several steps that you will need to go thru but do not worry because everything is simple and easy. To begin with, first of all you will be required to run the account verification procedure and answer some of the security questions that you have set when you have created the account and after that without problems you should be able to get your old password back. Still, note that in order for this to work you will be required to know at least several important credentials about the account.
How to recover lost iCloud password by answering security questions
- First open the domain of Apple that is specialized for recovering lost or forgotten passwords
- Once you open the domain, an email address box will be shown which has a placeholder -‘email@example.com’. This placeholder shows the format of the email address that you have used when you have created your iCloud ID. You must enter the email address that you have used when you have created the iCloud activation lock for which you want to recover the lost password. In case you mistype the search results will be blank.
- The ID verification options should be shown on your device screen by now. Depending on which method for recovering lost password you have chosen, you may be asked to answer your security question or to check your email inbox.
- After you complete the verification process, on screen instructions will be provided which will tell you have to recover or add a new password.
How to retrieve a lost iCloud or Apple ID
In case you want to learn how to retrieve lost iCloud or Apple ID then make sure that you follow these instructions:
- Go to Apple’s domain that is specified for recovering lost passwords
- Press on the “Forgot Apple ID” button.
- A new screen will pop up with three fields “Email Address”, “First Name’, “Last Name”. Fill in the empty fields with the proper credentials and press Continue
- Now depending on how accurately you have provided the information in the previous step, Apple will try to look for a match of your credentials. In case there are matching results, you will be asked to verify your identity by answering security questions or to use email verification
As you can see it is totally possible to recover lost or forgotten Apple or iCloud ID, but in order to do so you need to at least remember the email address or the security question which you have used/set when you have created your account.