Because we depend too much on our Smartphone devices and we keep a lot of important data stored in them, in case we lose them unexpectedly we may find ourselves in a really tight situation. All the important contacts, pictures, media data etc…will be forever lost in case you are not prepared before-hand for the worst case scenario. That is why it is highly recommended that you make the backup of your device files and contacts.
Backing up your iPhone contacts is quite simple and it can be done with two simple methods that involve using either iCloud Account or iTunes.
Backup using iTunes
Normally, iTunes should do the backups of your files as well as contacts automatically. However, in case you have made some settings changes, this feature may be disabled, so just in case to be safe, you can do the procedure manually as well:
- First of all, connect your PC and iPhone with the USB cable
- Start iTunes
- Select the model of your iPhone and tap on the tab “Info”
- Check whether “Sync Contacts” field is checked. If it is not, check it
- Tap on “Summary Tab”. After that tap on “Back Up Now”
- The procedure will be automatic from this point and all the contacts will be backed up on your computer
Back up using iCloud
You can backup your contacts via iCloud as well. Just as with iTunes, this procedure is almost automatically done too. To back up your iPhone contacts just follow these instructions:
- On your iPhone open Settings and launch iCloud
- See if iCloud is set properly and if “Contacts” feature is turned “On”. If it’s not then set the slider to “On”
- Scroll down and once “Storage and Backup” shows up, select it.
- Now tap “Back up Now”
If you follow these instructions, all the data on your device as well as your contacts will be backed up to iCloud. Once the backup is complete you can later access the entire content from any location.
How can I transfer my Android contacts to iPhone?
To transfer contacts from android phone to iPhone just check our short tutorial available on our website and get the job done right without any problems.